• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foreclosing a construction lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Sorry if this should go under R/E - construction, but to me it's a general question. I am trying to determine what the caption should be on an action to foreclose a construction lien. I know it's "Plaintiff's name blah-blah Against Defendant's name", I just don't know for sure what the blah-blah should be. Is it Motion to Enforce and Foreclose a Construction Lien?

latigo

Complaint to Foreclose Claim of Lien/Construction Lien
(Title XL Chapter 713 Florida Statutes)

Thanks for this, Latigo, but I already know all about Fl Construction lien laws and the appropriate steps to perfect a lien. I know I have to file a Notice of Lis Pendens, but need to know how to caption the actual complaint...can I just caption it "Complaint" or should it be more specific and be "Action to Enforce and Foreclose a Construction Lien"?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">