• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foreclosure Nothing owed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alexsgirl

What is the name of your state? Texas
When my mom died her Life insurance I thought paid off the house.
Now they are going to sell it in 2 days on 1/4/2005 HOW DO I STOP IT!!
PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!

HomeGuru

alexsgirl said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
When my mom died her Life insurance I thought paid off the house.
Now they are going to sell it in 2 days on 1/4/2005 HOW DO I STOP IT!!
PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!
**A: you can't stop it.

rainmand

The only way to stop it now is with a Chapter 13 bankruptcy. You need to act fast. Get a bankruptcy attorney, explain the situation, and have the attorney call the Trustee and tell him you're filing for Chapter 13 today.

A Chapter 13 can halt a Foreclosure immediately (up to a minute before the auction begins if the Trustee is notified in time). This will give you some time to resolve the situation with the lender.

S

seniorjudge

"When my mom died her Life insurance I thought paid off the house."

If you are reading this and you have not done what Raymond told you to do, then step away from the computer and do it immediately.

Anyway, why do think the life insurance paid it off?

Did you just ignore all those letters from the lender telling you that you were behind in your payments?

When did mom die?

Where did the life insurance dough actually go to?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">