• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

foreclosure reversal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cgs

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I want to know about reversal of the sheriff's sale on my home. The lender had made an agreement for me to keep my house and then he told me that it was too late. He had been out of town on vacation prior to the sheriff's sale and when he returned which was one day before the sale, I told him that I was wiring the money to him immediately and he said that it was too late. I about had a heart attack. During that time, my sister died due to surgery. she was my best friend and I was too emotional to deal with the house thing. I feel that this was the lender's fault and I want my house back.No one purchased the house at the sheriff's sale and it is still sitting empty after a little over a year. please help with any info. thank you

HomeGuru

cgs said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

I want to know about reversal of the sheriff's sale on my home. The lender had made an agreement for me to keep my house and then he told me that it was too late. He had been out of town on vacation prior to the sheriff's sale and when he returned which was one day before the sale, I told him that I was wiring the money to him immediately and he said that it was too late. I about had a heart attack. During that time, my sister died due to surgery. she was my best friend and I was too emotional to deal with the house thing. I feel that this was the lender's fault and I want my house back.No one purchased the house at the sheriff's sale and it is still sitting empty after a little over a year. please help with any info. thank you
**A: then make an offer to the lender to buy it back. What have you been waiting for and why have you done nothing in over a year?

C

cgs

I can't even begin to tell you how many things happened in my life this past year that kept me from getting right on the house situation. Friends tell me that I should go on "Oprah' or "Ripley's Believe It or Not". That was then, this is now and I am ready to tackle this. I am in better shape financially also which will help. My house was a VA loan, so when the house was not sold at the sheriff's sale, the VA acquired it. It is still in their possession, with no third party interest. I will probably need a high risk financer to give me a loan because the divorce messed up my credit. Does anyone have any suggestions??

HomeGuru

cgs said:
I can't even begin to tell you how many things happened in my life this past year that kept me from getting right on the house situation. Friends tell me that I should go on "Oprah' or "Ripley's Believe It or Not". That was then, this is now and I am ready to tackle this. I am in better shape financially also which will help. My house was a VA loan, so when the house was not sold at the sheriff's sale, the VA acquired it. It is still in their possession, with no third party interest. I will probably need a high risk financer to give me a loan because the divorce messed up my credit. Does anyone have any suggestions??
**A: did I not already give you a suggestion?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">