• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

foreclosure sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lynnen

What is the name of your state? Illinois
We are in foreclosure but have been working with the mortgager to get back on track with our mortgage. Our original sale date was May 3 but had been changed to allow more time for paperwork. The next date was for May 17. I talked to the person we are dealing with on May 12, reminded her of the sale date and she told us paperwork was coming out to us ASAP. Never received any nor any of my calls returned (which was not unusual as the person said she had a heavy workload). I just got a letter (May 28) stating that my property was sold. Is there anything I can do since I all along was working in good faith with this person who assured me I would not lose my home...it was "her job" to settle these matters and I never received the paperwork she had promised me to get this matter settled. If I would have known that the sale date was not changed I would have gone some other route to stop the sale but I believed the woman at the mortgage company. I have not talked to anyone there yet as this is a holiday weekend. Can I do anything to save my home?

HomeGuru

lynnen said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois
We are in foreclosure but have been working with the mortgager to get back on track with our mortgage. Our original sale date was May 3 but had been changed to allow more time for paperwork. The next date was for May 17. I talked to the person we are dealing with on May 12, reminded her of the sale date and she told us paperwork was coming out to us ASAP. Never received any nor any of my calls returned (which was not unusual as the person said she had a heavy workload). I just got a letter (May 28) stating that my property was sold. Is there anything I can do since I all along was working in good faith with this person who assured me I would not lose my home...it was "her job" to settle these matters and I never received the paperwork she had promised me to get this matter settled. If I would have known that the sale date was not changed I would have gone some other route to stop the sale but I believed the woman at the mortgage company. I have not talked to anyone there yet as this is a holiday weekend. Can I do anything to save my home?
**A: I really don't know since you have not provided the complete facts.

P

psullivan

This question could have been written by me

I'm in CA
I lost my condo in the exact same way. I thought the mortgage co was working with me, I had told them I would do whatever I had to do to save my place. They OK'd me to reinstate and I was waiting for specifics on how they wanted me to do it ( loan modification, adding the amount to the end of the loan, lump sum payment) I was in contant contact with foreclosure & loss mitigation depts, and I always asked if there was a new sale date set. I WAS ALWAYS TOLD NO NEW DATE YET. and they sold it. Who was your mortgage co? who was the foreclosure co?

HomeGuru

You people fail to understand that your signed mortgage loan documents prevail. Read the default clauses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">