• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foreclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

auntbob

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I have been off from work since March due to a disability, and I am suppose to be getting disability payments through my employer, but the disability company is giving me a hard time about paying the money they owe me. Since I have not recieved any income since April my house has now gone through forclosure. I have filed to get money from my 401k to get the money but that can take up to two months to receive.
I don't know what to do about my disability insurance company, they keep giving me the run around how do I get them to pay??
Is there any way I can stop the foreclosure on my house???
I am hoping I will be back kto work in a couple of months. I am losing everything because of the disability company, I am also ready to lose my car, my utilities have been shut off, I have most of them turned back on through the help of local agencies.
Is this the right place for this question?
I NEED some advice as soon as possible, all this stress is going to put me back in the hospital.
Thanks for any help!!!:(

Ladynred

The only way to stop the forecolsure w/o paying what is owed the lender is to file for bankruptcy. That will halt everything in its tracks.. for a short time at least. Being so far behind, the lender will file for a Relief from Stay to continue the forclosure.

As for your disability payments.. what is the reason they are refusing to pay ? Have you gone thru your employer ? Perhaps its time for a lawyer to intervene, call legal aid and find out if you can get some help.

A

auntbob

foreclosure

Thanks for the reply. How much do I have to be in debt to file for bankruptcy??
I don''t know why the insurance company is taking so long, they told me they needed more information from my doctors, but I have called them to asked what they need and I always get the run around I never get to speak to the person that is ahead of my case.
My employer told me that they wouldn't give her any info. due to privacy matters.
Once the forclosure starts on the house, how long do I have to find another place to live, I have two children and I don't have an income at this time.:(

Ladynred

There is no 'limit' on how far in debt you have to be before you can file - if you owe more than you have, you're bankrupt already anyway.

How long you have before they ask you to leave really depends on the lender. Most certainly you'd be asked to leave once the house is sold at auction.

When my house went into forclosure, I'd already been OUT of the house for 8 months, and it took the bank almost a full YEAR after that to sell it. I never got notice that I'd have to vacate until AFTER the sale was completed. I think it all depends on the lender.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">