• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foreclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

123stephany

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Indiana
I filed a chapter 7 bankruptcy in mid December, 2008. I have received numerous statements from the bank whom is foreclosing on my home but have been given no notice to evacuate the premises. When should I expect that to happen?
Thank You.

cosine

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Indiana
I filed a chapter 7 bankruptcy in mid December, 2008. I have received numerous statements from the bank whom is foreclosing on my home but have been given no notice to evacuate the premises. When should I expect that to happen?
Thank You.
The bankruptcy puts a stay on the foreclosure, but won't prevent it from happening. Unless you can find a way to pay the bank what is owed and keep paying, it will go into foreclosure and you will lose the house. If you are filing with a bankruptcy lawyer, your lawyer should be able to explain you options for reaffirming the mortgage, assuming you have the financial means to do that (your other debts being more overwhelming). But if you can't afford to pay for the house, it's gone ... eventually (real soon after discharge, usually).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">