• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

foreign adoption US passport

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

salman

Hi i am a new member,i have adopted a relative child,i am from wisconsin ia have a wisconsin adoption order i tried to get a passport for the child went to chicago and every thing for nothing. please guide me, thank you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
See the OP's other thread - the child is from Pakistan. I suspect there may be some irregularities relating to the adoption. I'm interested to hear what's going on.

LdiJ

Hi i am a new member,i have adopted a relative child,i am from wisconsin ia have a wisconsin adoption order i tried to get a passport for the child went to chicago and every thing for nothing. please guide me, thank you.
Has the child been made an American citizen yet? If not, that is your first step.

t74

Check the Visajourney forum for discussions on international adoptions of relatives' children. This adoption should never have gone forward without legal representation BEFORE agreeing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">