• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

foreign debts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? michigan

my husband left debts he is unable to pay in Canada. Both our names were on the house and they now are coming after me. He has had no reportable income for 8 years. What can a foreign country do to me? It is a bank - should I file bankruptcy or make them an offer.


Senior Member
If they're pursuing you in the US they are going to have to follow US law.
All they'd have to do is hire a US lawyer to pursue you here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential