• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foreign object

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Younotme4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

I was feeling unwell last week and so my boyfriend bought me some soup to feel better. When eating the soup I felt something hard and not quite right. Turns out its a sharp (perhaps wooden) object in it. My question legal question is "Is there a special kind of attorney or lawyer I should seek?"

justalayman

"Is there a special kind of attorney or lawyer I should seek?"
Yes, one that is very bored and has nothing better to do than graciously accept your money as payment to file a nearly worthless law suit (at best).

Finding a foreign object in your soup (if in fact it is considered a foreign object), unless it causes you some sort
Of damages, you have nothing to sue for. Even if there are damages you would have to weigh the costs to maintain a suit compared to the possible award. Attorneys typically don't take suits with very minimal possible awards on contingency.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

I was feeling unwell last week and so my boyfriend bought me some soup to feel better. When eating the soup I felt something hard and not quite right. Turns out its a sharp (perhaps wooden) object in it. My question legal question is "Is there a special kind of attorney or lawyer I should seek?"
You can contact the soup manufacturer to let the company know you found a sharp object in your soup. Enclose a photo of what you found.

You have no damages, and no good evidence that what you found actually came from the soup, but you might get a coupon in the mail for a free can of soup.

I see no legal action available for you to pursue.

I hope you have recovered from your illness.

Younotme4

You can contact the soup manufacturer to let the company know you found a sharp object in your soup. Enclose a photo of what you found.

You have no damages, and no good evidence that what you found actually came from the soup, but you might get a coupon in the mail for a free can of soup.

I see no legal action available for you to pursue.

I hope you have recovered from your illness.
The only damage was that it poked my wisdom tooth which has caused pain. It's an erupted tooth. So it would have needed to come out eventually because it could cause pain on its own (and has). I was told there are not any poke marks. So I can't have any good evidence.

I also would like to thank everyone for the replies.

quincy

The only damage was that it poked my wisdom tooth which has caused pain. It's an erupted tooth. So it would have needed to come out eventually because it could cause pain on its own (and has). I was told there are not any poke marks. So I can't have any good evidence.

I also would like to thank everyone for the replies.
We appreciate the thanks.

Sorry about your tooth. I hope the wisdom tooth extraction goes well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">