• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forged document to take Children from the Continental U.S.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Iowa

Is the forgery of a legal document so my kids can leave the Continental U.S. a federal crime ?

If so, what can I do as the forger is an Attorney?

Is the E-Mail I recieved from my daughter telling me about it enough to go to court on?

Would this be a Family Court Matter, a Civil Matter or a Criminal Matter?

We share joint custody with her as primary care giver. No documents have ever shown up in the court house changing the custody.


Under the Radar Member
First thing I'd do is call the State Department and request a package from them to have your daughter's passport flagged. If she doesn't have a passport, you can have her name flagged should your ex try to get one w/o your consent or a court order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential