• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forged signature

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

My adopted mother hid the fact that she was adopting me with my brother from her husband and had her best friend go with her to the court dates while he was working and get best friend signed my adopted father's name on the paperwork while driving to court what can I do

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

My adopted mother hid the fact that she was adopting me with my brother from her husband and had her best friend go with her to the court dates while he was working and get best friend signed my adopted father's name on the paperwork while driving to court what can I do
Why do you believe the ^ happened? When were you adopted (what year)?

1984. My mother has always been very secretive about our adoption. Recently the lady who forged the name confessed to me that she did so

And my mom flies of the handle when I try to talk to her about it she gets so angry about it and just starts screaming at me telling me I'm just an ungrateful a-hole

Just Blue

I want charges brought against her and to have them removed from my birth certificate and the adoption to be deemed illeagal it's any of that possible
None of that is possible. Frankly all of the story your mom's "friend" told you sounds like b.s. to me. There is a lot more to adoption then filling out a form. Your Dad would have HAD to been a part of home studies, background checks and appeared before the judge.

commentator

At this point in your life, you're in your upper 30's at least, still obsessing about who raised you, what circumstances you were adopted under, etc. Time to move on with the rest of your life. Counseling, not legal action would possibly be more helpful for you.

None of that is possible. Frankly all of the story your mom's "friend" told you sounds like b.s. to me. There is a lot more to adoption then filling out a form. Your Dad would have HAD to been a part of home studies, background checks and appeared before the judge.
Sorry to say he wasn't really around back then he works for walkers stainless steel and used to be in the road everyday for weeks at a time I don't need a data base to find my real parents I know who they are I found them myself years ago I can tell you that I am in full belief of my mom's friend as she has been closest thing to a parent I've ever had my dad was willing to adopt my brother and not me he had been in front of the judge for my brother before they finally found me and placed me in thier home and when I call human services they insist my adoption records were lost in a fire well that for never happened the human services building has been in the same spot since I was little and I can't find any records of it having a fire

He did the loops and hoops in front of the judge until he realized it was a package deal his wife wanted both of us but he was done and didn't want to adopt either of us he was in Puerto Rico when her and my mom dropped the papers off to my mom's attorney so

Just Blue

Sorry to say he wasn't really around back then he works for walkers stainless steel and used to be in the road everyday for weeks at a time I don't need a data base to find my real parents I know who they are I found them myself years ago I can tell you that I am in full belief of my mom's friend as she has been closest thing to a parent I've ever had my dad was willing to adopt my brother and not me he had been in front of the judge for my brother before they finally found me and placed me in thier home and when I call human services they insist my adoption records were lost in a fire well that for never happened the human services building has been in the same spot since I was little and I can't find any records of it having a fire
Believe what you want...but what the friend is stating is absurd and legally unlikely...like the Yankees are going to win the World Series this year unlikely.

I'm not obessing about who raised me I want the names removed from my life as they have several convicted child molesters in their family I don't want to be affiliated with this family name any longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">