• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Form 4506

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



florida...my husband and i recently refinanced our home mortgage. we are self-employed and provided 2 years tax returns. we had to sign a form 4506 at closing. i have just discovered that my husband had mistakenly given his rough draft of his 2000 tax return in lieu of the final copy which was sent to the irs to the mortgage company. some of the amounts on the return are different. i am worried sick and am scared to death to call my mortgage company. what should i do?


Senior Member
Send a letter of explanation with the correct return. The loan is closed already and is no significant difference, the lender will most likely do nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential