• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Form i864 Affidavit of Support withdraw

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccava

South Carolina -

my wife left me after getting her green card as soon as she entered US. Now she hired a lawyer to sue me under Form i864 Affidavit of Support financial support liability.

I plan to contact ICE and USCIS to report her.

We didn't even fight or had arguments. I know now, that she just wanted to get US greencard.

Can I withdraw i864 Affidavit of Support

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
South Carolina -

my wife left me after getting her green card as soon as she entered US. Now she hired a lawyer to sue me under Form i864 Affidavit of Support financial support liability.

I plan to contact ICE and USCIS to report her.

We didn't even fight or had arguments. I know now, that she just wanted to get US greencard.

Can I withdraw i864 Affidavit of Support
You don't know that she just wanted a US greencard. If you never fought or had arguments, were you anything more than surface? Married couples fight/argue. Most likely you are not going to be able to withdraw your Affidavit of Support. Marriages fail. Was your marriage long distance the entire time?

FlyingRon

I'd be stronger than Ohiogal's "Most Likely". You are NOT going to be able to withdraw the affidavit at this point. You're on the hook for as long as she's maintaining US residency and hasn't either become a citizen or put in 40 quarters.

If there was immigration fraud as you argue, why on earth did you wait THREE YEARS. It's damn near impossible to get out of it once the person enters the US.

Eekamouse

I'd be stronger than Ohiogal's "Most Likely". You are NOT going to be able to withdraw the affidavit at this point. You're on the hook for as long as she's maintaining US residency and hasn't either become a citizen or put in 40 quarters.

If there was immigration fraud as you argue, why on earth did you wait THREE YEARS. It's damn near impossible to get out of it once the person enters the US.
Because he is mad and he wants revenge for her leaving him.

ccava

Was your marriage long distance the entire time?
yes and covid delays in getting visa
How long after she received her green card did she leave?
3 months. This was the first time we lived together. prior 2.5 yrs it was long distance relationship

not sure what earth you LIVE ON. it is covid era, embassy took 2 yrs to issue visa. she was mostly oversea and long distance relationship. we lived together for <6 months and her behavior changed and just left. Still no major arguments or like that.

if that is true, then all men would be screwed under 864, there has to be a way to protect myself. she is not responding to texts, calls & quickly hired lawyer. That was big red flag.

She drives and use to leave meet with “friends”

Because he is mad and he wants revenge for her leaving him.
I don’t want revenge. She wants her life & I want mine. I am not asking to take her greencard and deport her. She can live here as psycho person whole life

FlyingRon

You want to be snarky, you can find help elsewhere. You didn't indicate how she entered the US. For all we knew you married here and she immediately filed for an adjustment of status.

But by and large, nothing much changes, you are indeed screwed.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
yes and covid delays in getting visa

3 months. This was the first time we lived together. prior 2.5 yrs it was long distance relationship

not sure what earth you LIVE ON. it is covid era, embassy took 2 yrs to issue visa. she was mostly oversea and long distance relationship. we lived together for <6 months and her behavior changed and just left. Still no major arguments or like that.

if that is true, then all men would be screwed under 864, there has to be a way to protect myself. she is not responding to texts, calls & quickly hired lawyer. That was big red flag.

She drives and use to leave meet with “friends”

I don’t want revenge. She wants her life & I want mine. I am not asking to take her greencard and deport her. She can live here as psycho person whole life
Boy aren't you sexist. All men would be screwed under 864? Nice. Women sponsor men under that all the time. So get off your sexist high horse.

ccava

You want to be snarky, you can find help elsewhere. You didn't indicate how she entered the US. For all we knew you married here and she immediately filed for an adjustment of status.

if you read my post I did mention how she entered. In case you missed it

just delete my post here completely!! Your forum makes
Money by my posts so thank you. Google Adsense pays $.10 per click

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">