• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Former Employer back dated Insurance stop date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gallender

I worked for a company based out of dallas, texas on a contract labor basis. I reside in the state of Flordia and did so the whole time that I worked for this company. This company provided my health insurance benifits for me and my family. They would take a portion of the premium out of my check to help defer the cost of the insurance premium. They did not do this on a regular basis, sometimes they did sometimes they didn't. I worked all through the year last year for this co. My last day with this company was 12-11-2000. They continued to pay my insurance through March 19, 2001. They then called the insurance carrier and told them that I had stopped working for them on November 1, 2000. They proceded to ask for a refund on the premiums that they had paid. Now here is where my problem comes in. I had knee surgery in Nov, my wife and one of my children went to hospital ER in Dec. Now the hospital and doctors are calling me and asking me to pay for these services. When I left this company they did not let me know about the cobra health insurance plan or send any papers to me until the end of March 2001. How do I handle this situation. I have ask the company to correct their mistake, but they say there is no mistake. I am looking for help please!

ALawyer

This may need a suit against the employer as if you worked there thru 12/11 and contiributed your share of premium your insurance should have continued to that date. Contact also the State Labor or Employment Department as it may be able to help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">