• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forming new business in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Soneill24

Hi all,

I hope all is well. I am wondering if someone could advise me on the steps I should take to start a business for the following purpose.

My wife and I currently want to start a business involving an Android/Apple app that will allow users to make in-app purchases of original audio files.

We are thinking that this venture would be best created as an LLC, with the two of us serving as the only employees/partners at this very early juncture.

Where I'd love some guidance is the recommended forms I should fill out/fees I should pay to get this operation going. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Sean

quincy

Hi all,

I hope all is well. I am wondering if someone could advise me on the steps I should take to start a business for the following purpose.

My wife and I currently want to start a business involving an Android/Apple app that will allow users to make in-app purchases of original audio files.

We are thinking that this venture would be best created as an LLC, with the two of us serving as the only employees/partners at this very early juncture.

Where I'd love some guidance is the recommended forms I should fill out/fees I should pay to get this operation going. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Sean
Your proposed business plan has intellectual property issues that must be addressed before thinking of starting your business.

I recommend you consult with an IP attorney in your area to help you navigate the licenses you will need to proceed.

Soneill24

Thanks for the responses so far! They've provided me helpful items for consideration.

One thing I should mention is that I'm still developing the product. I don't think I'm going to go live with it for at least 6-12 months.

For that reason, I won't be taking payment or publishing audio for at least that amount of time. In the meantime, for pre-launch marketing/branding purposes, would it just make more sense to make this a DBA until we actually go into 'business' with a published application/products to sell?

quincy

You should consult with a business professional if you are unsure which business structure works best for you. A "doing business as" (DBA) is simply the name (trademark) under which you will be marketing your products. You can form a business under one name and market products under another.

I think you will benefit from a personal review and direction by a professional in your area.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">