• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foster parents asked to pay Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
One of the things I suspect you don't understand is that you are not being pursued for child support as the foster parents of your grandchildren. You are being pursued for support of your child who is <21 and not self-supporting (and therefore may not be viewed by the state as emancipated). THAT is the case you may want to retain a lawyer for. This has nothing to do with your grandchildren.

LdiJ

One of the things I suspect you don't understand is that you are not being pursued for child support as the foster parents of your grandchildren. You are being pursued for support of your child who is <21 and not self-supporting (and therefore may not be viewed by the state as emancipated). THAT is the case you may want to retain a lawyer for. This has nothing to do with your grandchildren.
From post number 37:

So all in all- she told me the foster care stipend that we will start receiving this month will most likely count as income PLUS we are going to be asked to pay support for the foster children we are caring for because in actuality they are our grandchildren as well of our minor daughter. This seems absolutely insane to me

LdiJ

Honestly, LDi? I don't think OP has a clue.
Possibly, but its equally possible that the child support worker is lying thought her teeth trying to scare the OP or her husband into agreeing to provide child support for the adult child, out of fear of being ordered to support the adult child plus all of the grandchildren, even though two of them are their foster children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">