• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Franchise Tax Board won't cooperate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I lived in Calif. Now I live in Illinois. I had been paying child support to the X until she turned me in to the State of Calif. child support collections bureau and didn't tell them that I had been paying her directly. I started paying them when I got the notice in the mail. Now my past amount due is in excess of $38K. I've sent cancelled checks, got a lawyer here in Illinois, requested an audit...all to no avail. Now the State of Calif. is taking money from my checking account to collect for past support. I've contacted the Franchise Tax Board, Child Support Bureau in Calif. and have gotten no where. All I get for 6 months is that my account is in audit. I NEED HELP!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential