• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

In_a_mess

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I recently purchased my FICO scores on line. I then found out, they are not the real scores that my lender got. It stated right on the paper that they ARE the same scores what the lender see's. My lender sent me the entire credit report that they recieved and it wasn't the same as what i PAID for. There were tons of discrepencies on the report the lender got that were not on mine (that i PAID for). To me this constitues FRAUD, because, had i known that my lender was not getting the same scores, i would NOT have PAID for my version. If anyone has any info on what i can do, please let me know.
Thank you

ablessin

In_a_mess said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

I recently purchased my FICO scores on line. I then found out, they are not the real scores that my lender got. It stated right on the paper that they ARE the same scores what the lender see's. My lender sent me the entire credit report that they recieved and it wasn't the same as what i PAID for. There were tons of discrepencies on the report the lender got that were not on mine (that i PAID for). To me this constitues FRAUD, because, had i known that my lender was not getting the same scores, i would NOT have PAID for my version. If anyone has any info on what i can do, please let me know.
Thank you

First of all, I hope you are aware of the fact that you may now obtain one EACH of the three major credit reports FREE of charge once per year.
You can request from TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax once per year at no cost.
Your score is not included, although personally I think that it should be. I bought mine for $9.95.
Any way - You need to get your reports - sit down and indicate ALL discrepencies (soon) and start working on them.
Are they unpaid collections, or are they bogus entries that are not yours?

All of this is going to take a long time and a lot of legwork on your part. But it will be worth it...... You can pretty much expect minor discrepencies, but not major ones........ I say this because, say you have three credit cards - "A" might report monthly to 2 credit agencies, "B" might report every other month to all three, and "C" might do something else.
So, there will probably always be some, and you could very well have entries on 2 reports for the same company. But, the info contained should be pretty much the same.
I hope that makes sense.
I am not sure - but the lender could have gotten a Tri-merge report which are very difficult to read.

I am not sure if anything fraudlent happened here, but look on the + side- - - now you know and you can get your credit and any problems corrected!!

In_a_mess

ablessin said:
I am not sure - but the lender could have gotten a Tri-merge report which are very difficult to read.

I am not sure if anything fraudlent happened here, but look on the + side- - - now you know and you can get your credit and any problems corrected!!
Yes i think that is what they got. It had all the info for each account and then it had which CRA's reported that info.
Yes you are right, there were many that were duplicated, but, they said different things, like one said it was paid, and one said it was still in collections, when in fact they should of been included in BK.

I have started the dispute procedure, and your right again there, it is exhausting but its getting done.

Thank you for your info, you have been extremely helpful!

ablessin

I hope you get it all corrected!

it's a pain! I am doing it too! but it's opened my eyes and from now I will be more watchful

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">