• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FL

A friend of someone referred us to her friend to apply for a line of credit. We partnered with her friend. The person who provided us with her friends info now wants us to pay her $500 for that referral. I refuse to pay because no fees were ever disclosed nor was there a verbal or written contract.

quincy

Who is this person who referred you (does this person have a professional title)?

If you don't want to pay, don't pay.

Here is the story. She opened up a company. Her partner approached us (alone) about going into business together. We decided that we would (her partner, and us without her friend). Her friend knew this. She has no problem with it. She on her own gave us her gave us her friend. Who actually pays her for her referral. She not once disclosed a fee or that she charges for referring to anyone. It was all done in a friendly manner. Now that her partner has removed herself from her business, she emails me an invoice.

quincy

Here is the story. She opened up a company. Her partner approached us (alone) about going into business together. We decided that we would (her partner, and us without her friend). Her friend knew this. She has no problem with it. She on her own gave us her gave us her friend. Who actually pays her for her referral. She not once disclosed a fee or that she charges for referring to anyone. It was all done in a friendly manner. Now that her partner has removed herself from her business, she emails me an invoice.
Tell her you won't pay as there was no prior agreement to pay.

I no way I am a person who doesn't pay her bills. I just feel this is wrong on ALL LEVELS. I have no intentions of paying one cent. What if she continues to collect from me?

Last edited:

quincy

If she takes you to court to try to collect, you defend.

Based strictly on what you have said, I am not seeing that this person has any claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">