• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

parris81

SOmeone used my bank account to cash a 4000 dollar check. The check did not clear and it bounce but they were able to take the money out by stealing my mac card and pin. Now the bank says I have to pay the money back even though I signed an affadavit saying that I did not cash this check. I keep receiving letters in the mail from credit collectors who want their money. This happened when I was 17 and it is now on my credit report. I refuse to pay back money I didnt take

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. WHat I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, unfortunately, you may be held liable. Request a copy of your bank agreement and see what it says. Read it word for word. IF they are a bank insured by the FDIC, you may be covered. I am not sure.
http://www.fdic.gov/consumers/consumer/rights/index.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">