• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraudulent Check Warrent(s)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bro

I am in SC and have received a fraudulent check warrentin the mail yesterday for my arrest. I just got it today and it calls for me to show in court TOMORROW morning. An officer came knocking on my door this morning but I didn't answer it because I haven't contacted my lawyer yet about this. I have received a warrent like this twice before but have ignored it because I was out of town both times that the court date was on. I have never knowingly and willingly written a bad check in the past, although I do have a bad habit of overdrawing my checking account causing me to bounce a check or two in which I personally take care of. I have never received formal notification about any bad checks or any legal action being taken against me. The local sherrifs dept won't give me any info, and my lawyer hasn't contacted me yet. My question is this: how serious is this? (none of my checks ever written out of my account have been over$200) and is this something i can just pay off or will they want to book me in jail after my court date tomorrow being that I already skipped out on them twice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">