• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraudulent Lien on my vehicle. Please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mogwai1979

Hi everyone,
I live in Alberta Canada. After considering my options for a loan, I only recently got employed and my credit was less than perfect, I decided I would try for a Car title loan. I know everyone will say your nuts as these types of loans are the most shady, but I was told that it's not as bad as it seems and I was in need of temporary emergency funds and knew I could pay it off quickly. I found a company called Snap Car Cash and their website made it sound great. You can borrow money with a less than great credit score and steady income with your vehicle as colateral while paying it off at any time with no penalty. So I started the process by completing the registration and providing the necessary documents online ie license, registration, VIN, etc and the broker I was dealing with said i was approved and he made an appointment with a nearby pawn shop to do a walk-through, install a gps, sign the contract, and finally give me my funding. Before the appointment I checked their facebook page and saw nightmare stories of people having their vehicles repo'd without notice and Snap Car Cash adding insane fees so I opted out. I sent an email to the broker telling him to please cancel the appointment as I didn't want to move forward with the loan. He replied with "sure no problem" and I thought that was the end of it. Today I applied for a car title loan with another more reputable and legit company to find out that there is a lien on my vehicle. My vehicle is payed for outright and I've never borrowed against it. I was given the business and address of the Lien and it traced back to Snap Car Cash from yesterday. I tried to contact them to resolve it and was given the runaround, then they screened my calls and wouldn't answer at all. It went to a voicemail of some girl/woman saying "Hi, i'm not here, leave a message" and the voicemail was full. I've left several emails with no reply. Now I have a fraudulent lien on my vehicle from a company who I OWE NOTHING TO. I really don't know what my next step should be. If anyone stuck through my tedious post and can offer some advice i'd really appreciate it!

Just Blue

Hi everyone,
I live in Alberta Canada. After considering my options for a loan, I only recently got employed and my credit was less than perfect, I decided I would try for a Car title loan. I know everyone will say your nuts as these types of loans are the most shady, but I was told that it's not as bad as it seems and I was in need of temporary emergency funds and knew I could pay it off quickly. I found a company called Snap Car Cash and their website made it sound great. You can borrow money with a less than great credit score and steady income with your vehicle as colateral while paying it off at any time with no penalty. So I started the process by completing the registration and providing the necessary documents online ie license, registration, VIN, etc and the broker I was dealing with said i was approved and he made an appointment with a nearby pawn shop to do a walk-through, install a gps, sign the contract, and finally give me my funding. Before the appointment I checked their facebook page and saw nightmare stories of people having their vehicles repo'd without notice and Snap Car Cash adding insane fees so I opted out. I sent an email to the broker telling him to please cancel the appointment as I didn't want to move forward with the loan. He replied with "sure no problem" and I thought that was the end of it. Today I applied for a car title loan with another more reputable and legit company to find out that there is a lien on my vehicle. My vehicle is payed for outright and I've never borrowed against it. I was given the business and address of the Lien and it traced back to Snap Car Cash from yesterday. I tried to contact them to resolve it and was given the runaround, then they screened my calls and wouldn't answer at all. It went to a voicemail of some girl/woman saying "Hi, i'm not here, leave a message" and the voicemail was full. I've left several emails with no reply. Now I have a fraudulent lien on my vehicle from a company who I OWE NOTHING TO. I really don't know what my next step should be. If anyone stuck through my tedious post and can offer some advice i'd really appreciate it!
FreeAdvice is U.S. Law only. You will need to google a Canadian site. There is a few. Good Luck!! :)

quincy

FreeAdvice handles US law questions and US legal concerns only. Sorry.

You will need to find assistance in Alberta.

quincy

Not a problem. You are not the first Canadian visitor to this site. :)

Sorry we can't be of help.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">