• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraudulent sale??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

willis247

What is the name of your state?
South Carolina

I purchased a mustang from a guy who races and builds cars. I got a loan check and went to purchase. The check had a section attached to it that described the car and the VIN. I made the check out to the person and he then gave me a title to the car. I have never bought a car private party so I didn't really know to look over everything and the guy told me to sign my name for the purchaser. I asked for bill of sale but got excuses and didn't receive one for a while. A day or two later I noticed that the guys name on the title wasn't the guy who I bought it from and asked if he would fix the tilte situation and never did. I recently left that town because I was getting out of the Marines. I haven't heard from the guy and he still has the mustang. I have the title and a copy of the loan check that he endorssed. And the bill of sale he gave me was the bill of sale that was given to the guys name on the title. So the person I bought the car from never owned it and sold something that wasn't his. I filed a police report. What could happen with this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">