• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Freddie Mac Short sale Addendum

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Eshamoun

About 10 years ago we sold our house in short in CA and we had to sign the Freddie Mac Short sale addendum. Now after almost 10 years we have an opportunity to buy back that house. Can we do it legally even though we signed the Addendum?

quincy

Will you be purchasing the home at its fair market value from a seller who has no relationship to you at all (e.g., unrelated, unknown)?

LdiJ

This is the link to the addendum that my wife signed about 9 years ago http://www.care-services.us/forms/fhlmcfnma/FHLMC SS Addendum.pdf.
Skimming through it, it doesn't not appear that there is anything prohibiting you from buying the house again. However, you really need to have it reviewed by a local real estate attorney. Logically, if you sold the house in an arm's length transaction and you are buying it in a arm's it should not be a problem.

quincy

The seller is the person who bought the house 9 years ago..
Assuming the short sale involved a buyer (now the seller) unknown and unrelated to you, and given the passage of nine years, it is probably unlikely that the original lender will be suspicious of your purchase, suspect fraud and seek damages.

But that would be the risk.

Last edited:

Eshamoun

Nothing, I used to do telemarketing for the realty that he used to buy this house and number of other houses in this town. I got to know him after a while after visiting our office for other business related activities.

quincy

Nothing, I used to do telemarketing for the realty that he used to buy this house and number of other houses in this town. I got to know him after a while after visiting our office for other business related activities.
You can discuss the addendum and your plans to re-purchase the house with an attorney in your area but, based on what you have said so far, you should be able to buy back the house.

The main reason for having the Addendums signed by the owners and real estate agents is to prevent fraud.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">