• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Free lawyers from state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahzadb

VA

is there a group or community that does work as free lawyers? Looking to see ppl who can’t afford to hire lawyers can still get one?

Another firm over charged me $$. & they are not returning it.

Just Blue

VA

is there a group or community that does work as free lawyers? Looking to see ppl who can’t afford to hire lawyers can still get one?

Another firm over charged me $$. & they are not returning it.
How much money were you overcharged?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There's a difference between, "Did not do a job" and "Did not get the result I wanted". Which is it?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Do you work for free? If not, why should any attorney work for free?

Also, contact the local bar association and file a complaint against the firm. They may have arbitration services that can be used to get the money returned.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I believe that the OP feels that the lack of a hope-for outcome means that work was not done.

Reactions: cbg

shahzadb

You can file a small claims suit. You do not need an attorney for this.

http://www.courts.state.va.us/resources/small_claims_court_procedures.pdf
Great, This is what i was looking for.

is this the only way? Doesn’t govt offer these types of service such as one someone gets arrested, they get govt lawyer. I know that would be a different case.

Do you work for free? If not, why should any attorney work for free?

Also, contact the local bar association and file a complaint against the firm. They may have arbitration services that can be used to get the money returned.
I don’t. But you do for sure. That’s why you are posting on this forum! It’s called freeadvice for a reason. Not paidadvice!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Great, This is what i was looking for.

is this the only way? Doesn’t govt offer these types of service such as one someone gets arrested, they get govt lawyer. I know that would be a different case.

I don’t. But you do for sure. That’s why you are posting on this forum! It’s called freeadvice for a reason. Not paidadvice!
Nope. This ain't work. This is volunteer. I choose to what I respond. You seem to expect people to do what you demand. And not everyone here is an attorney.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The government does not offer free legal services for civil cases. If there are any law schools near you, you may find a law clinic where a third year student, under guidance from his/her professors, may offer assistance for no or low cost. Otherwise, chances are you'll have to pay for it.

I also am of the opinion that is is more likely to be translating either, "didn't do what I wanted them to" or "didn't get the result I wanted" (or possibly both) with "did no work".

quincy

shahzadb, for future reference, here is a link to an article published by Money Pantry Media, LLC on "Free Stuff You Can Get from Uncle Sam:"

https://moneypantry.com/government-freebies/

You are unlikely to find any attorney available to help you for free with your $4000 small claims suit unless you are low income or elderly or a veteran, but small claims actions are designed to be easy enough for most lay persons to handle on their own.

Here is a link to Virginia Legal Aid:

https://www.valegalaid.org/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">