• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friends Grandma Harrasment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

c.aaron

i don’t know for sure if this goes under this category but i am a minor(16 years old) so it might work. i texted my friends grandma through an anonymous number and this is what i said:
me:
i have a feeling that blake might hurt himself or even kill himself. i am giving you this information anonymously to try and get him some help, please do not text back
-i texted this to her because he posted on his instagram suicidal ideation and i was concerned about him. his grandma texted back:
grandma: i am calling the police and reporting your number. Stop harassing us
-can she call the police and report me and take legal action against me? she has full custody over my friend who is 16 and this is the first message i’ve ever sent to her and she does not know it’s me, could she get the police to track my phone and find out it’s me?

LdiJ

i don’t know for sure if this goes under this category but i am a minor(16 years old) so it might work. i texted my friends grandma through an anonymous number and this is what i said:
me:
i have a feeling that blake might hurt himself or even kill himself. i am giving you this information anonymously to try and get him some help, please do not text back
-i texted this to her because he posted on his instagram suicidal ideation and i was concerned about him. his grandma texted back:
grandma: i am calling the police and reporting your number. Stop harassing us
-can she call the police and report me and take legal action against me? she has full custody over my friend who is 16 and this is the first message i’ve ever sent to her and she does not know it’s me, could she get the police to track my phone and find out it’s me?
If that is truly the way that you worded it, I do not see how the police would take that as harassment. However, if you truly believe that your friend is contemplating suicide then you might want to call the police yourself.

c.aaron

I'm thinking there is more to the story.
that’s exactly what happened, i used an anonymous number because i knew she was going to be hostile towards anybody talking to her but i had to risk it because i wanted to make sure my friend was safe because he worried me over what he posted on his story. i used an anonymous number and sent her that text and then she went off on me with that reply. i only sent one message to her with that information and that was it

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">