• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

friends substantial arrearage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? indiana
my friend has a very substantial amount in arrearage his order was set in1989 at which time he made a great deal more mney.
since that time there has been no modification hearing.
at this time he is currently unemployed and he was just released from jail the 2nd time year he has spent nearly 6 months this year alone. for the past 4 weeks he has put in some 20-25 applications & resumes of which he has had no respons, we live in a very rural area, last tues. he had a progress heating and on this tues. he has another one of which if he foesnt have a job he will go back to
jail. he realizes he has made a mistaje and desperately wants to begin correcting it, even iff he finds a job his pymts are so outtageouse that he cannot afford to live making them . is there an agency or omething to help him to get modifications made?
and to help him get caught up some so he can get ahead alittle in order to better his circumstances to begin again making regular pymts.


Senior Member
Well, if he's behind, not much can be done about that except to pay it off.

He can go to the courthouse and pick up the forms needed to petition the courts for a modification and do it pro se if he can't afford an attorney. However, there may be filing fees involved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential