• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friendship gone wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

winks1985

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ---New York

A few months ago a friend a former co-worker of mine and I went out.She persuaded me to buy some things on my credit card for her. She promised to pay me back and even took the receipts . It's been a while (about a yr) and she hasn't paid me back yet, she has sent text messages to me promising to pay back after she has paid her bills. Every time I try to contact her she ignores me or pretends she doesn't know whose calling.

I want to sue for the amount she owes ?? What are my chances??

swrdmbo

You should have copies of the charges on your credit card receipt. I am sure you realize now that you should have kept the sales receipts but you could still try to pursue your case in small claims court.

If your credit card charges include purchases you made for yourself as well on the same entry
then it will be harder to prove. If the charges for her stuff were separate you have a better chance.If you have no receipts you have her text message.If that indicates the amount owed you have a good shot.

If not it will be a she said/I said and you will most likely lose.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">