• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fringe benefit for retirement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sisrob54

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MISSOURI

I had worked for a Hospital for 8 years and as a benefit they contributed to a plan for me for retirement...Not sure what it was called but it wasn't the usual 401k or anything like that. At the time I started rules were you leave it there until you retire with no hardship either. If it was under $10,000 when you left employment you could cash it out , if over $10,000 it had to stay until retirement. It was just a benefit incentive plan that only they contributed to. Right now I'm in major financial trouble with trying to pay for my mom's funeral and they won't let me take it out even with a penalty. Is there any possible legal way around this. I'm on the verge of losing everything if I don't get this paid. No other hopes of a loan either. ,:( They say it will be there when I retire but till then it is theirs.

pattytx

Sorry, but if the plan doesn't allow withdrawals, even for hardship, then the employer would be jeopardizing the entire plan to allow such a withdrawal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">