• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fringe Benefit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sameritt

What is the name of your state? Florida
I have an employee that won a fam trip for selling a certain amount of nights to one our destinations. We are an online travel company and we give trips away for agents to be able to see their destinations they are selling. She went away a couple of weeks after she won the trip and never came back. It has now been over a year and she is threatening to sue us for the trip. We did not give her a certificate or any paperwork it was just verbal.
Does she still have a legal right to it?

pattytx

That's a piece of hooey. She has no more legal right to this, without a written "promise" than she would any other bonus or incentive award. If nothing else, were it me deciding the case, I would rule against her for no other reason than she abandoned her job. Sheesh, the nerve of some people. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">