• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fringe Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Landells

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT
Am I entitled to my vacation pay if I was let go. Previous Managers have had payment settlements as they call it.

Last edited:

mlane58

From CT labor website:

Payment of fringe benefits upon termination of employment. (Sec. 31-76k). If an employer policy or collective bargaining agreement provides for the payment of accrued fringe benefits upon termination, including but not limited to paid vacations, holidays, sick days and earned leave, and an employee is terminated without having received such accrued fringe benefits, such employee shall be compensated for such accrued fringe benefits exclusive of normal pension benefits in the form of wages in accordance with such agreement or policy but in no case less than the earned average rate for the accrual period pursuant to sections 31-71a to 31-71i, inclusive.

Tallrat

One thing you might have to consider. I get 6 weeks vacation in Jan but my actual anniversary date is June 15th. Although I can access vacation starting in Jan. If I were quit or be fired before June 15th I wouldn't get it and would have to pay back used time. You would need to check with your company policy

Landells

Vacation pay

Thank you for your replies, I am a manager and we as a company have given them there vacation pay on a discretionary basis.
Does this mean if has been done in one case, it should be done in all cases.
It was not called vacation pay but a settlement based on the remainder of the vacation pay.

Thank you for you help on this.

Landells

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">