• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

From Attorney represented to In-Pro per and change of administration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Backinschool

What is the name of your state? California

Greetings,

I live in California and the existing probate case is also in California. My siblings and I have decided to release our Probate Attorney, in addition to removing our Probate Attorney we have also decided to changing the administrators on the Estate from 2 of the 4 siblings to all 4 siblings.

Q. Do we have to notify our attorney that we will no longer need his services before we petition the court to change the "Order" and "Letters"? and if so, how many days notice to we have to give before we petition the court?

Thank you!

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Q. Do we have to notify our attorney that we will no longer need his services before we petition the court to change the "Order" and "Letters"? and if so, how many days notice to we have to give before we petition the court?
If the lawyer has entered an appearance in the court (which basically would occur if the attorney has filed anything with the court for the estate) then you must contact the attorney, tell him you are ending the representation, and ask him to file the motion to withdraw with the court. Only once that motion is approved by the court will the court accept filings from someone else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">