• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

frustrated and angry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Serrie

Please help me! I wrote a check for down payment on my truck. It went to some insurance co in Ca. It went through one time, did not clear and this man called me all upset,yelling at me to go to the bank and stop payment on the ck and get a casiers ck to send to him. ok I did! The bank said the ck was there to clear, why doI want to stop payment,anyway, I did what the guy said,I mailed it express and it did not get there the next day, so he started calling me everyday, he has been calling me a lier and callrd my husband on job causing problems between my husband and I. I had to put a trace on the package at the request of this man. He is wanting meto send him more money, I am waiting for my cashiers ck to get back so I can mailit again. How can I get him off my back until he gets his stupid money! I have to wait just like him, I'm very frustrated and getting angry at this man, can he do this to me, Legaly? I live in Texas

[This message has been edited by Serrie (edited October 16, 2000).]

B

bellestar

HE JUST SOUNDS LIKE A PUSHY MAN. JUST LET HIM KNOW HE NEEDS TO WAIT. THE LONGER HE PUSHES YOU THE MORE TIME IT WILL TAKE.

S

Serrie

Pushie he is and causing serious problems between my husband and myself. I told him to stop calling for 7 days and if he didn't get it then call me, His reply was I will do what I want whenever I want. seems I could do something to him!

B

bellestar

perhaps you speak with his manager and tell the manager how rude his employer is and how its causing you problems and if he is the owner tell him you are going to take your buisness else where.

T

Tracey

Inform him that his actions are in violation of the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act [15 USC 1692] and if he doesn't stop calling third parties & abusing you over the phone, you'll sue him in federal court for $1000 + attorney fees for each incident. He may not call you any more. All future communications must be in writing. Don't take his calls. (Log them though, for the suit.)

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">