• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FSA Accounts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenking

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? south carolina
I was fired on january 16th 2009. I had elected $50 a month to be taken out for a FSA account---or section 125 cafeteria plan----I have a claim for January 16th and an EOB for $294. My last check was paid on 1-30-09 and my health insurance premium and $50 for the FSA were taken out. Can the company deny my claim. I did not know that I was fired until the next week....I went to the ER the night of January 16th. Can they cancel my insurance at a certain time? My hr person said that it was through midnight of the 16th. What can I do since my claim is denied.

ecmst12

You have a certain amount of time to submit claims on what you have contributed to the FSA at the time of your termination. Whatever was in the account, which would be either $50 or maybe $100 if you received 2 paychecks in 2009, would be payable as long as you submitted it within the time frame. How long you have, I'm not entirely sure, it's either 30 days or 90 days. When did you actually submit the claim?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
How long you have, I'm not entirely sure, it's either 30 days or 90 days.

It's whatever the plan document says.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">