• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FTC CAN-SPAM Violations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

unbilledbunion

I received an unsolicited email without an unsubscribe link from a company I have never been in contact with. According the FTC and CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 regulations this is a fine of up to $41,484. I have reported to my states AG and the FTC, both of which stated they do not file suit for individual claims. My question is, as this company has clearly broken the law and is subject to a fine, do I have the ability to file suit for damages?

quincy

I received an unsolicited email without an unsubscribe link from a company I have never been in contact with. According the FTC and CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 regulations this is a fine of up to $41,484. I have reported to my states AG and the FTC, both of which stated they do not file suit for individual claims. My question is, as this company has clearly broken the law and is subject to a fine, do I have the ability to file suit for damages?
What are your damages?

unbilledbunion

What are your damages?
Personally, obviously none except for never ending SPAM. According to the CAN-SPAM Act each violation of an email without an unsubscribe option is subject to a fine of $41,484 - my question is, can I actually sue for this amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">