• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Full custody rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Not open for further replies.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Virginia

OK! I have another question. Maybe someone can send me to some other people's threads I have over looked about this. I wrote another thread and asked about support. This time I want to know if I seem to have a good chance for full custody.
I have recently learned that my girlfriend (which is married) plans to move her husband back in after he gets out of jail. I do not want my child around this man because he is nothing but trouble. He has a 7 yr old son that his whole life this man has been in and out of jail. He is in now for his 4th offense DUI and he looses his license forever. She also has an arrest record for beating him in front of her two kids. She was cuffed in front of her kids and taken off. I feel like this is no family for my child to be raised in. I want full custody of my kid. I have mentioned it before and she went off on me. She said I wasnt taking her kid from her and that I could see the kid whenever. I just dont feel comfortable leaving my child with her, and her having him in the house. If not bad enough she has no respect for herself now little own her two kids she has. She will cuss them up one side and down the other. I just dont get her. I need help. Where do I go to file? Circuit court or family court or where? I also want to know if getting a copy of both of their arrest records would be a good idea to bring to court with me. I have been to every doctor appt. with her and havent missed a one. I feel like I helped make the baby, so I should be with her at the dr appt's and with the baby after it's born. Maybe I'm having the wrong feelings but thats what I want. I have also heard that he has done some things to her daughter and would hate to leave my child(especially if a girl) in a house with him. She doesnt want me living with her which is fine. But dang it I want my kid to grow up in a safe enviroment and have good family morals. I just dont feel that her way of life is the best.... PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! :(

Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential