• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Full Salary payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

muha

What is the name of your state? California
Hello
I have been working with the company since June 2016, I got full-time position and move to TN in Feb, 2018. Once i relocate here, i have not been receiving my full salary, either no salary and now it is just 2 week salary. Between that time i was told company facing financial issues, they told me i will be get fully paid in May then told me it will be in August and now in October. I have stop working on the project and told them i will only work 2 weeks a months as i am only receiving for that much time. I asked to provide some substantial paperwork for finance arrangement, which they told me they dont have. I wanted to know what legal grounds i have to bring them on table and get my finances secure.

HRZ

I would NOT be making comments or statements about only working 1/2 time or stopping work blah blah ....Tenn may have far weaker wage payment laws than does CA but they still can be a nasty bite to an employer who fails to pay timely ...and in general you are entitled to your full weeks wage if you work 1 hr or 100 hrs that week. And wages are a priority claim if the employer is going under .

I think you would be far smarter to get some paid legal advice from a local employment lawyer in TN than to start making up your own rules ....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">