• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Full Service Gas Station / Broken Fuel Door Mechanism

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

koltik

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? (MA)

OK so a little bit of back story: I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze, which has one of the fuel doors that you push in, and it pops open. It shuts by pushing it in, causing it to snap shut again.

I got my gas filled last night at a full service station, and when the guy was closing the lid I noticed that he had trouble shutting it. Didn't think much of it at the time, but later that evening at home I noticed that I couldn't shut it either; the snapping mechanism is broken.

I know for a fact that it was fine before I left to get gas, so the employee must have forced the fuel door open instead of opening it properly. Is this on the gas station to repair? It's a small local station too, so it's hard to even get a hold of the owner or a manager. I've already tried calling and have left a VM for him, but no word yet.

What else can I do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? (MA)

OK so a little bit of back story: I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze, which has one of the fuel doors that you push in, and it pops open. It shuts by pushing it in, causing it to snap shut again.

I got my gas filled last night at a full service station, and when the guy was closing the lid I noticed that he had trouble shutting it. Didn't think much of it at the time, but later that evening at home I noticed that I couldn't shut it either; the snapping mechanism is broken.

I know for a fact that it was fine before I left to get gas, so the employee must have forced the fuel door open instead of opening it properly. Is this on the gas station to repair? It's a small local station too, so it's hard to even get a hold of the owner or a manager. I've already tried calling and have left a VM for him, but no word yet.

What else can I do?
How do you intend to prove that the station attendant caused the damage?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">