• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fund distribution after closing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fbt607

Is this your first sale as a real estate broker?

When you were asked how funds were to transferred you said check. But that is only the last step. They first have to be wired to the lawyer.

Have you contacted the entity that was supposed to initiate the wire?
it was wired to the lawyer but the wire yet did not go thru that's why he did not distribute the fund. I've done deals before but never encountered this thsts why I'm concerned

PayrollHRGuy

it was wired to the lawyer but the wire yet did not go thru that's why he did not distribute the fund. I've done deals before but never encountered this thsts why I'm concerned
Receiving banks generally don't sit on wires. (Says guy who receives about 30 wires into 2 different banks from probably 20 different banks every week.)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It sounds like there was a clerical error somewhere. I wouldn't be super concerned just yet. I think I'd give it 3 business days before I got super excited about it.

fbt607

It sounds like there was a clerical error somewhere. I wouldn't be super concerned just yet. I think I'd give it 3 business days before I got super excited about it.
heard back and you are correct. there was delays because the buyer has a very common name. went thru finally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">