• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Funding Group Scam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I agree that there are arguments that can be made, with some arguments apt to be more effective than others. However the best argument can be that the company's contract terms or operations violated the law.

There is really no way to know whether the company did or didn't violate the law without knowing the company, without an analysis of the contracts and the terms, without knowing the funding obtained (and how it was obtained), and a whole host of other facts.

These business funding companies are in business because they have covered all legal bases pretty carefully.

It could be possible to get out of the mess, but it probably won't be as easy to get out of it as it was to get into it.

adjusterjack

They present themselves as this big baller company that has peers and investors at the snap of their fingers, but in reality they just sign you up for stuff you don't want and could have gotten on your own in 5 minutes.
You could have figured all that out before signing up with them. I'll bet that the contract says they don't guarantee anything. Your lack of due diligence leads me to suggest that you rethink being in business for yourself.

quincy

I think many new business owners are overwhelmed at first with all that needs to be done to get their business operating. It can be an attractive option for the new business owner to contract with a company that promises business guidance and financing.

These companies generally do all that is promised, just in a way that the business owner wasn't expecting.

TinaForce

Another angle - look at you business plan. Important point - are you still going ahead with the business?

How much revenue are/were you going to be generating?

What are your year-three goals?

How much equity did you have? How much of your business were you looking to sell? That's how angel investors work.

Your case to not pay or not pay in full is MUCH better if you can argue they did an ineffective job, a disservice to your business, rather claiming they did nothing or something you could have done.
Thanks so much :)

TinaForce

You could have figured all that out before signing up with them. I'll bet that the contract says they don't guarantee anything. Your lack of due diligence leads me to suggest that you rethink being in business for yourself.
Hello Adjusterjack,

Thank you for your comment.
Even if the contract does say they can't guarantee anything, what's your point?

There are no guarantees anywhere in life (minus death and taxes).

The reason I'm upset is that they present themselves as a major company that has connections and access to investors that very few people have access to.

Again, there are no guarantees, but they gave dozens of examples of how if their client has at least 680 credit score and earns over 55K a year, they were able to find them investors, very low interest loans ... etc.

With me, my credit was over 800 and my income is a little over 130K a year.
They bragged about what they could do for someone with the portfile I mentioned above (680 score/55K income) but someone like me who has a much better portfile - they decided to focus on signing me up for credit cards.
There are no guarantees, but what happened was not within the range of expectations they sold me on.

Yes, I will repeat it with you again, there are no guarantees anywhere by anyone. And they probably didn't do anything illegal, but I believe that all they do is sign a person up for credit cards instead of being able to do what they claimed they could.

It's very easy for them to blow smoke and then collect a fee because it takes a a very short amount of work (filling out a credit card application) and then charge 4,000 or 5,000, or $10,000 for filling those applications. It serves their interest, but it didn't serve the client (me). It was actually a disservice.

Once again, I was not expecting any guarantee. But I also wasn't expecting to be milked and used.

For example, when a lawyer takes a client for a traffic case, there is no guarantee that the case will be won. Of course not.

But even though the client wasn't waiting on a guarantee, the client still wouldn't be expecting that the lawyer would do nothing to help with the traffic case, and instead take the client's car and rack up additional tickets for the client, and on top of that send the client a bill.

What the lawyer did in that story was not a service to the client. That was a disservice. The client is now in an even worse position than he/ she was originally in.

On a side note, as for that bit of advice you gave me in your last sentence, rethink going into business for myself, --if you advice every entrepreneur who made a financial mistake that he/she should quit, then you would be telling Every entrepreneur to quit. Because they all make mistakes and all have lost money, Especially in the beginning.

And many have made such terrible financial mistakes that they went flat broke and had to start over from 0.

Some of these people went on to have good businesses, and some of these people even did a little better than that such as: Walt Disney, Robert Stiller, Oprah, the founder of Starbucks, the founder of 7up, Steven Spielburg, Larry King and countless more have all made financial missteps that actually left them Broke when they first started out.

And even the pres of the United States - The Donald- has made severe financial mistakes and lost Billions of dollars.

I wonder if anyone told any of them they should rethink staying in business?

I can imagine you might be thinking that just because some people failed then clawed their way to the top, there is no guarantee that will happen with me. And you would be right. There is no guarantee that I will reach my goals.
But there is only one way to guarantee that I won't, and that's if I give up.

In life, if an employee makes a mistake he/she is fired. But when a business owner makes a mistake, he/she gets better. Especially in the early stages.

I thank you for your time and willingness to reply to my post. But much like that "financial consulting" agency, your last bit of advice was a disservice.

Please have a very good day ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">