• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Funeral Home Mess up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tae_smith87

What is the name of your state?IL

In our agreement with the funeral home we decided to go with their personal barber to take care of my father. When we got there we instantly didn’t even recognize him. His hair was completely botched. They then tell us that they allowed someone to come in posing as my fathers best friend and sister saying they were going to go ahead and cut it for him. They messed up his entire hair and facial hair. I was livid and sad that the last time I will see my father he won’t even look like himself. In his wake life he prided his hair and we stressed that we wanted him to look his best. I’m furious that they allowed someone back there without asking us first. Is there grounds to sue?

quincy

In our agreement with the funeral home we decided to go with their personal barber to take care of my father. When we got there we instantly didn’t even recognize him. His hair was completely botched. They then tell us that they allowed someone to come in posing as my fathers best friend and sister saying they were going to go ahead and cut it for him. They messed up his entire hair and facial hair. I was livid and sad that the last time I will see my father he won’t even look like himself. In his wake life he prided his hair and we stressed that we wanted him to look his best. I’m furious that they allowed someone back there without asking us first. Is there grounds to sue?
Yes.

You can consult with an attorney but be aware that a suit like this can be very difficult to win and can get costly.

Family members affected must be able to demonstrate severe mental anguish and emotional distress. This is generally done through evidence of trips to doctors and medical treatment.

I am sorry about the loss of your father.

Just Blue

I am sorry for you loss...

Did you ever find out who the people were that cut his hair? Do you know why they would do such a thing? Is/Was there any video of the people? Did you try to have a stylist come in and see if it could be somewhat fixed?

quincy

I should also note that the person who contracted with the funeral home, even if not a family member, could have a breach of contract claim to consider.

eerelations

Did you ever find out who the people were that cut his hair? Do you know why they would do such a thing? Is/Was there any video of the people? Did you try to have a stylist come in and see if it could be somewhat fixed?
Really, knowing who the posers are who cut his hair is probably really important to any case you may have.

tae_smith87

They said they were going to check the cameras but they have not said anything to us regarding the video. They attempted to fix it but he did not look like himself even still. It really upset me that they couldn’t even fix it to look like him. There was only so much they could have done to attempt to fix it. They had to spray it on. I get sad thinking about and furious as well.

quincy

They said they were going to check the cameras but they have not said anything to us regarding the video. They attempted to fix it but he did not look like himself even still. It really upset me that they couldn’t even fix it to look like him. There was only so much they could have done to attempt to fix it. They had to spray it on. I get sad thinking about and furious as well.
You could speak to an attorney in your area to see what legal options might be available for you to pursue.

Good luck.

eerelations

I having trouble fathoming why anyone - including the deceased's best friend and the deceased's sister - really, anyone would want to go into a funeral home to cut a deceased person's hair. And especially anyone who isn't somehow related to the deceased. Why???

quincy

I having trouble fathoming why anyone - including the deceased's best friend and the deceased's sister - really, anyone would want to go into a funeral home to cut a deceased person's hair. And especially anyone who isn't somehow related to the deceased. Why???
Perhaps it is a modern-day version of grave robbing - the hair-cutting an excuse to see the body and strip it of jewelry?

Otherwise, I haven't a clue. It is odd.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">