• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

future wifes debits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

warren5451

i would like to know if i get married do i encure responiablity
for my future wifes past debits.

thank you

Wh

at is the name of your state? florida

H

hexeliebe

Sure. If you want to go ahead.

But legally, she keeps what she brings into the marriage. Not only the nice pink nightie, but also the debt.

However, if the two of you ever want to purchase a car, home or other big-ticket item, her credit rating will be used right along with yours and if it's bad, it's not going to float.

W

WISHIN

Just based on the fact that you're asking this question suggests that a prenup should be seriously considered for obvious reasons. See a local attorney.

At the very least, keep all your accounts separate. My experience is that many people with a bad debt history fall off the wagon easily. Individual credit ratings in good standing can support major purchases assuming your finances, assets, salary and bank account can handle the debt.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

However, there is a marital law in Florida that states, in essence, that if you confuse the word "debit" with the word "debt", or misspell either of them, then you can't get married until you learn how to spell.

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

Florida HR127.48 is set for a vote tomorrow on the word "encure"

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hexeliebe said:
Florida HR127.48 is set for a vote tomorrow on the word "encure"

My response:

. . . and, there's a mandatory Basic English 101 class requirement, that must be passed by the student with a "B" or better, BEFORE a marriage certificate can be issued, if you misspell three or more words in one sentence.

So, it doesn't look like our writer is going to be married any time soon.

CAVEAT: Unfortunately, the "Trailer Dweller" Political Action Committee (PAC) convinced the Florida Legislature that trailer dwellers are exempt from this new law. The reason given was that misspelling for trailer dwellers is expected, and is an inexorable fact of life; i.e., they're just to damn difficult to train.

IAAL

Last edited:
H

hexeliebe

See guys. We saved another poor wretched soul from the hellfire of damnation....

Gawd I'm thursty :D

W

WISHIN

Y'all missed the finer points of the Florida law.

It's only when you decure the debit that this provision comes into play. All spelling, grammar and literacy requirements are waived when the debit gets incured.

Moreover, when the crebit is incured before consummation of the marriage the best man must CONSUME the bride.

Now, let's get the Proudly Serving Chaplain from Indiana to perform the nuptials.

JETX

Gee guys, you missed another blatant posting error by 'Wishin' when he said, "Just based on the fact that you're asking this question suggests that a prenup should be seriously considered for obvious reasons. See a local attorney."

Apparently, he doesn't know that a prenup does absolutely NOTHING about a persons existing debt!!

H

hexeliebe

Maybe Wishin was...

Wishin and hopin
And Thinkin and Prayin.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hexeliebe said:
Maybe Wishin was...

Wishin and hopin
And Thinkin and Prayin.

=====================================

My response:

Yes, but that won't get you into his arms, so if you're looking to find love you can share, all you gotta do, is hold him and kiss him, and love him and show him that you care.

IAAL

W

WISHIN

JETX

The obvious reason, that everybody else picked up on but you, is that he is getting in over his head (no pun intended) and therefore needs to proceed with caution.

I can only surmise that it's impossible to know you're on the computer when you're sleepwalking. Is it a laptop? (The computer that is).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">