• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gap coverage leaves gap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jude13

What is the name of your state? Kansas
A year ago I bought a 2018 ford fusion, new off the lot and I purchased gap coverage, almost 2 months age a hit a deer on the interstate and the car was totaled, the total of the loan was just above $20,000, Insurance paid $14,500 and the cap coverage is only paying $2,600 leaving me about $3000 in the hole. The cost of the extended warranty $1300 and the gap coverage $750. When I add finance charges and taxes it appears to me that the gap only covered the amount of the loan that was charged for their coverage and I still owe the same amount that I would if I didn't buy the gap coverage at all. How is this a legitimate business practice of both the dealer and the gap insurance company? As I was in good standing on my loan, I was able to purchase another vehicle, and thinking that Gap would cover the difference, I purchased it again. I will now go get a refund and look for other gap options than the dealership as I have not mad a single payment yet, but do I have any options with the previous gap company and the $3000 I still owe?

adjusterjack

do I have any options with the previous gap company
That question cannot be answered without a review of your GAP policy. If you could post a link to the complete policy maybe I can figure out why it happened and explain it to you so you know what to look for when you buy another GAP policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">