• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Garden Bench Debacle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

susannel

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
CT

Please help!

I have lived in a townhouse condo for three and a half years now. I have this beautiful garden bench from Glenbervie Scotland that I purchased at the Chelsea Flower Show in London sitting about 10 feet from the garage entrance at the back of the condo...which has been there since I moved in. It is an end unit which abuts the woods. Noone goes back there. Recently the board has begun harassing me to move it or they will charge me $50 a day every day it remains there.

I moved in before there were by-laws and before most of the board members. The bench was there before the by-laws were. Do I have any recourse or is there any thing I can do to keep my bench? Petition the board or something? I really enjoy sitting in the garden instead of my front porch which faces the street. It makes me happy and others have used it to sit and enjoy.

Thanks for ANY suggestions!!!! :)

Last edited:

HomeGuru

susannel said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
CT

Please help!

I have lived in a townhouse condo for three and a half years now. I have this beautiful garden bench from Glenbervie Scotland that I purchased at the Chelsea Flower Show in London sitting about 10 feet from the garage entrance at the back of the condo...which has been there since I moved in. It is an end unit which abuts the woods. Noone goes back there. Recently the board has begun harassing me to move it or they will charge me $50 a day every day it remains there.

I moved in before there were by-laws and before most of the board members. The bench was there before the by-laws were. Do I have any recourse or is there any thing I can do to keep my bench? Petition the board or something? I really enjoy sitting in the garden instead of my front porch which faces the street. It makes me happy and others have used it to sit and enjoy.

Thanks for ANY suggestions!!!! :)
**A: are you telling us that when you moved in 3 & 1/2 years ago there were no CC&R's recorded on title?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">