• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Garnish Of Wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

litabuns

Washington

A writ of Garnishment continuing lien on earnings was recently issued against me. First I am apealing the judgement that was issued by this same person. None the less I currently have a child support
wage witholding of around 25% of my disposible earnings.

I know that a non support garnish will take 25% of my disposible earnings. But when figuring out the amount to garnish from me do they take into consideration that I am already being hit for 25%, or do they just take 25% for the new garnish in addition to the 25% for child support?

Basically this leaves me with hardly anything. Especially when in addition to the child support I have to pay a huge daycare bill, and all of the bills in the divorce, not to mention huge legal fees.

What are my rights?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">