• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

garnished workmans compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I am from florida. I loaned someone money and upon agreement to get paid back I had the party involved myself, and a witness signed a written agreement to be paid by a set date. the date is well passed due and though I have recieved some, I have not been paid in full. If i took this person to small claims court and won the judgement, could I have the person's workman's comp check garnished until I am paid back? The accident occured after the signed agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential