• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? california
back in december 2001 i was applying for an apartment when i found out i had a bill due from 2000 that i had no idea about with pac bell-they referred me to the collection agency-the agency asked me some questions and then told me they were going to sue me-they left papers at my old address(summons) and i got it about a month and a half later-by then the date on the paper had passed for me to file and answer(whatever that means) and the court date was for august-now just yesterday i got another paper from them(they sent it to my old address again-back in june) saying a forced judjement and i owe the money and now they're garnishing my wages and this isn't even my bill-i had expected to go to court with papers proving i didn't live at that address at the time but had no time to prove myself -what can i do now?
Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential