• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

garnishment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thebee

What is the name of your state? VIRGINIA
I have a question about garnishments, my car was stolen but I thought it had been repo'ed, when I got the first garnishment I found out the truth, any way, the co took 2500 on a 2700 loan, interest included, the payoff for the loan is 6-03 , well yesterday i got another garnishment from the same co. for the 200 remaining and the fee's for garnishment now bringing total to 400, but I am getting statements from this co, saying nothing due at this time,, in this state they take the money first and the court date is not for 3 months! they just keep taking my money! now, my job is in jeprody, because 2 garnishments and your out, any advice?

Jeter

Yes. Get a new job. Apparently nobody who works at your company pays child support. What do your personal finances have to do with your job that they would fire you for garnishment? The money is taken from your wages, not the employee bank account.

In order for your wages to be garnished, a judgement must be awarded, even in your state. Something is missing from this story.

Jeter

T

thebee

It is just an employer rule, i guess it is trouble for the payroll dept, never got a judgement, thats whats so weird, just a garnishment, right at christmas last year and now they are back, i am going to call the clerks office this morning,

T

thebee

Oh wel, called clerk, there was a judgement awarded last july, I have no knowledge of ever recieveing court papers, but, at any rate whats done is done, thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">