• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I currently live in Birmingham, Alabama, but in 1995 I lived in Memphis, and I bounced some checks to a grocery store about $500, I have since paid, but have no proof. They are now threatening to garnish my wages, I have received letters from attorneys in Memphis, that they have garnished my wages asking if I need help. I spoke with a man who works for the plaintiff attorney and he offered to let me get out of garnishment for $2500, garnishment is for $2200.00 I do not have either one. He is threatening to put a lien on all property but the only property that I own is a car that is in mine and my mother's name. Can he put a lien on it? What can I do?-Cammy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential