• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gas Bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JillianKelly

What is the name of your state?Indiana
We have recently rented out a mobile home that we used to live in. We didn't want to rent it out but this guy was SURE he was going to buy it. So we offered to rent it to him until he could buy it. To make a long story short I printed up a rental contract from some random website and it clearly states that the landlord is not responsible for any utilitys except the monthly sewer bill. He moved in February 1, 2005. And as of today he still hasn't switched over the gas or water bills. So I'm stuck with these gas bills. Before you ask, I didn't want to turn them off I was afraid it would freeze the pipes. But with it warmer now I don't care to shut them off, my question is, can I? Or better yet, should I? I cannot reach him on the telephone and cannot seem to catch him at the trailer. His belongongs are still there so he's not gone. We are offering to sell it dirt cheap and hate to run off a perspective buyer but, I simply cannot afford to pay his bills, what to do, what to do,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">